Thank you to Laura Stotz for this recipe!
- 2 each 1 lb. cans of black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (we use green and orange)
- 1 small jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 T. chopped cilantro or parsley (or both)
- 1/2 t. salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a covered container. Refrigerate overnight. Stir occasionally. Keeps well in the refrigerator. Serve with chips, crackers, or on lettuce leaves.