THANK YOU TO HARVEY JENKINS FOR THIS RECIPE!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cream (Half & Half recommended)
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 pkg. (7 oz) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sautéed
- 1/2 cup grated/shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour and seasonings. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in vegetable broth and cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in wine, spaghetti, and sautéed mushrooms.
Pour into un-greased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until bubbly. To brown, place briefly under broiler.